Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN) is a Govt of Assam initiative to provide financial assistance for treatment of selected few life threatening diseases and injuries caused by natural and man-made disasters. Under the scheme, beneficiaries receives financial support up to Rs. 1,50,000 (one lakh fifty thousand) for covering the expenses related to disease diagnosis, treatment and purchase of medicines. The Central Government shares 50% of the financial aid.
This Government healthcare initiative initiative covers diseases and complications like Cancer, AIDS, Heart Diseases, Kidney and Urinary diseases, Orthopedic complications, Thallassemia, Bone marrow Transplant, and chronic mental illness, industrial and farm accidents, road and rail accidents, bomb blasts etc.
Diseases and Procedures covered under the Assam Arogya Nidhi:
- Heart diseases and heart surgery: Pacemaker; Disposal for internal procedures including TMT, Echocardiography, Angioplasty and CABG; Surgery for congenital heart disease; Acquired heart disease; Graft for vascular surgery and stents and Heart transplants.
- Cancer: Radiation therapy and Anti cancer chemotherapy.
- Kidney and urinary disease: Dialysis and related consumables, for dialysis vascular shunt P.C.N. and P.C.N.L. Kits, Lithotripsy, disposable stents for Endoscopic surgical procedures and Kidney and liver transplants
- Orthopedics: Artificial prosthetic limbs; Hip and knee joints implant for replacement; Internal fixate; Bone diseases; A.O. Implants for fractures and Spinal surgery
- Thallassemia: Medicines for treatment of Thallassemia and Mechanical Infusion pump, Blood transfusion
- Bone marrow Transplant
- HIV/AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)
- Chronic mental illness with surgical treatment
- Diagnostic techniques covered: Ultrasounds, Doppler riders, Radio nucleotides scans, C.T. Scan, Angiography of different organs and MRI.
- Drugs covered: Immuno-suppressive drugs, Anti TB drugs, Anti D, Anti Haemophile Globulin, Erythropoietin and Blood & blood products/plasma for patients to burnt cases.
Referral Hospitals outside the State:
This healthcare initiative covers all major Government healthcare institutions in Assam. Apart from those, several private sector healthcare institutions (30 outside the state and 7 within the state) are used as referral units.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- B.M.Birla, Heart Institute, Kolkata
- Escort Heart Institute & Research Centre Ltd. New Delhi
- Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bangaluru
- Arvind Eye Hospital, Madurai
- Mahavir Hospital & Research Centre, Hyderabad
- Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Hyderabad
- Madras Medical Mission, Chennai
- Max Heart Institute , New Delhi
- Global Hospital – Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangaluru
- Batra Hospital , New Delhi
- Yashoda Hospital, Secundrabad, Hyderabad
- All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro-Science (NIMHSNS), Bangaluru
- Post Graduate Institute , Chandigarh
- Gangaram Hospital , New Delhi
- Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Mumbai
- AMRI Hospital, Salt Lake, Kolkata
- Mission Hospital , Durgapur West Bengal
- Christain Medical College & Hospital, Vellore
- Cancer Institute , Adiyer, Chennai
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- K Govindaswamy Naidu Medical Trust, Coimabator
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital Kolkata
- DhirubhaiAmbani Hospital & Medical Research Institute , Mumbai
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences , Kochi
- Medanta – the Medicity, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Artemis Health Institute , Gurgaon
- Asian Heart Institute , Mumbai
Referral Hospitals inside the State:
- Down Town Hospital, Guwahati
- Dr. B. Baruah Cancer, Institute, Guwahati
- GNRC, Guwahati
- International Hospital, Guwahati (Nephrology)
- Sankardev Netralaya, Guahati (Opthalmology)
- Hayat Hospital, Lalganesh, Guwahati
- North East Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Guwahati
Families living Below the Poverty Line (BPL) and families having a monthly income of less than Rs. 10000 are eligible for claiming benefit under the Assam Arogya Nidhi. Applications are to submitted in prescribed format and all required documents must be enclosed. The final selection is done by a Selection Committee.