TET Examination for Secondary Education, Assam Details
The first ever Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) for Secondary Education in Assam will be conducted in February, 2013. There are approximately 4500 vacancies of graduate teachers in Assam. Those posts will be filled-up by candidates who successfully clear the Secondary TET Examination, Assam. The Secondary Education Department, Government of Assam has released an advertisement with details on the TET for Secondary Education. Look below for more information on TET (Secondary Education) Assam eligibility criteria, application procedure and important dates.
The number of vacant posts of Graduate Teachers in Assam state of India is approximately 4500 (indicative).
The Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service (Amendment) Rules, 2012.
- Graduate teacher: BA/B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% marks with B.T./ B.Ed. degree from any recognized university.
- Hindi Teacher: Pravin/ Ratna in Hindi with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized university or B.A with Hindi as one of the subject with 50% marks and B.T / B. Ed. degree from any recognized University.
- Classical Teacher (Sanskrit):- Shastri with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Sanskrit as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T/ B.Ed degree from any recognized University.
- Classical Teacher such as Arabic, Urdu, Persian etc:- MM with 50% marks with degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Arabic as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T./B.Ed. from any recognized University.
- Classical Teacher (Assamese Language, Manipuri Language):- B.A with Honours/ Major in concerned subject with 50% marks and B.T. /B.Ed. degree from any recognized University.
Note: B.T / B. Ed. Degree as a mandatory prerequisite eligibility qualification for Secondary teachers stands relaxed up to 01/01/2015. Age of the candidate should not be above 38 years as on 01.01.2012. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
The TET for Secondary Education, Assam will be conducted with two papers of 100 marks each. Each paper will carry 100 Multiple Choice Questions.
- General Studies & Current Affairs: 100 Multiple Choice Questions (100 Marks)
- Pedagogy & General English: 100 Multiple Choice Questions (100 Marks)
The minimum qualifying marks for passing TET (Secondary Education) is 60%. However, 5% relaxation in marks will be given for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD (Person With Disability) (PH).
The application forms will be issued through designated Post Offices. The cost of the application form is Rs.350/- (Rupees Three hundred and Fifty only). Filled-up application forms are to be submitted in any of the following designated Post Offices:
- Baksa District: Tamulpur, Barama
- Barpeta District: Barpeta Head Post Office, Sorbhong, Kalgachia, Mandia, Barpeta Road, Pathsala, Patacharkuchi, Chenga
- Bongaigaon District: Bongaigaon Head Post Office, Abhayapuri, North Salmara
- Cachar District: Katigorah, Silchar Head Post Office, Udharbond, Sonaimukh, Lakhipur, Kalain, Rangirkhari
- Chirang District: Bijni, Dhaligaon, Bengtal
- Darrang District: Kharupetiaghat, Pathorighat, Sipajhar, Mongoldoi Head Post Office, Kalaigaon, Dalgaon
- Dhemaji District: Dhemaji Head Post Office, Silapathar, Jonai, Gogamukh
- Dhubri District: Chapar, Dhubri Head Post Office, Gauripur, Golakganj, Bilasipara
- Dibrugarh District: Dibrugarh Head Post Office, Chabua, Tengakhat, Tingkhong,Naharkatia, Duliajan, Dibrugarh University
- Dima Hasao District: Haflong Head Post Office
- Goalpara District: Dhubdhara, Goalpara Head Post Office, Baladmari, Krishnai, Lakhipur
- Golaghat District: Bokakhat, Kamargaon, Dergaon, Golaghat Head Post Office, Sarupathar, Begenakhowa, Barpathar
- Kamrup(Metro) District: Guwahati GPO(Meghdoot Bhawan), Dispur, Sonapur, Maligaon Rly HQ, Guwahati University, Assam Tribune, Noonmati, Khanapra, Ulubari, Bharalumukh
- Hailakandi District: Kalibari Bazar, Hailakandi Head Post Office, Lakshmisahar, Lala, Katlicherra
- Jorhat District: Cinnamora, Kamalabari, Jorhat Head Post Office, Teok, Titabor, Mariani, Kakajan, Assam Agriculture University
- Kamrup (Rural) District: Goreswar, Rangia, Baihata, Hajo, Chayygaon, Bijoynagar, Sualkuchi, Nagarbera,Boko, IIT Guwahati
- Karbi Anglong District: Donkamokam, Diphu Head Post Office, Dokmoka, Bokajan, Hamren
- Karimganj District: Karimganj Head Post Office, Badarpur, Nilambazar, Patharkandi, Dullabcherra, Ramkrishnanagar
- Kokrajhar District: Kokrajhar Head Post Office, Gossaigaon, Bagribari, Fakiragram
- Lakhimpur District: Dikrong, Biphuria, North Lakhimpur Head Post Office,Dhakuakhana, Pathalipam
- Morigaon District: Jagibhakatgaon, Moirabari, Laharighat, Morigaon Head Post Office, Jagiroad, Kagajnagar, Charaibahi, Moirabari
- Nagaon District: Jakhalabandha, Nagaon Head Post Office, Lumding, Samaguri, Rupahi, Dhing, Raha, Kampur, Hojai, Lanka, Purani Gudam, Dabaka
- Nalbari District: Tihu, Chamata, Mukalmua, Kamarkuchi, Nalbari Head Post Office, Ghograpar
- Sivasagar District: Demow, Sivasagar Head Post Office, Amguri, Nazira, Sonari, Moranhat, Bhojo
- Sonitpur District: Dhekiajuli, Chariduar, Tezpur Head Post Office, Nabarbari, Biswanath Chariali, Behali, Gohpur
- Tinsukia District: Chapakhowa, Doomdooma, Tinsukia Head Post Office, Margherita, Dibgoi, Ledu
- Udalguri District: Tangla, Khoirabari, Harisinga, Udalguri Head Post Office, Mazbat
- Issue of Application Form through Post Office: 1/10/12 to 10/10/12 during post office working hours
- Last date of Submission of Application form in Post Office: Up to 30/10/12 during post office working hours
- Issue of Admit Card through Post Office: Tentatively by end of December, 2012
- TET Examination date: Tentatively in Last week of February, 2013
- Result Declaration: Tentatively by 20th March 2013
Assams.Info - The Assam Information Portal