Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has invited applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of Finance and Accounts Officer / Treasury Officer (Class I, Grade-III) of Assam Finance Service in the Finance (Estt. B) Department. There are 34 vacancies and Indian citizens with a Bachelor Degree and between the age group 21 – 38 are eligible to apply. The last date of submission of the application form is August 24, 2018.
Details on Assam Finance Service posts and recruitment process:
Finance and Accounts Officer/Treasury Officer is a Class-I, Grade III post under the Assam Finance Service. The pay band is 4 ( Rs. 30,000 – Rs. 1,10,000 with grade pay of Rs. 12,700). The selected candidates will go through a six months long training period, followed by a three months long attachment period. After that, they are required to clear a departmental examination in order to be eligible for appointment as Finance and Accounts Officer/ Treasury Officer.
Total vacancies and reservations:
There are 34 vacancies, out of which 9 posts are reserved for women, 2 posts are reserved for Locomotor disabled persons and 1 post each reserved for OBC/MOBC, SC, STP and STP category.
In order to be eligible for the posts, a person must fulfill the following:
- He/She must be an Indian citizen.
- His/her age should be between 21 to 38 years. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC/MOBC and 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
- He/she must posses a Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce.
The Finance and Accounts Officer/ Treasury Officer recruitment under Assam Finance Service will be done through a written examination, followed by personal interview (viva-voce). The written examination will consist of three papers (Precis and Drafting, General English and General Knowledge and Financial Rules and Accounts). After clearing the written examination, candidates are required to appear in the viva-voce.
Applicants are required to pay the application fees in the form of treasury challan. The fees is:
- Rs. 250 for Open category
- Rs. 150 for OBC/MOBC, SC/ST
Application fees is exempted for the following categories:
- Persons with a Below Poverty Line (BPL) certificate
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
How to Apply:
Eligible candidate are required to apply offline by using the official Direct Recruitment form of APSC. The form can be downloaded from the official website of APSC(http://apsc.nic.in) (check the link titled Application form DR).
The dully filled formed must be accompanied by the following documents:
- The original treasury receipt.
- One copy of recent passport size photograph (in addition to the one pasted in the application).
- Copy of age proof.
- Copy of Degree certificate
- Copy of Caste certificate
- Copy of PWD certificate (if applicable)
All documents must be self attested by the applicant.
The last date of receipt of application for the post of Finance & Accounts Officer/ Treasury Officer (Class I, Grade-III) of Assam Finance Service is August 24, 2018 (24/08/2018).
For more details, check the original advertisement, which can be downloaded from this link.